Intermediate Vocational Education Training Certificate:
Technical Diploma in Culinary and Gastronomy Studies
- Duration: 2 years
- Delivery mode: Classroom
- Classes schedule: Morning
- 370 hours’ internship in a Michelin Star Restaurant
Take a look
- Food preparation and conservation
- Pastry and dessert basic principles and techniques
- Culinary products
- Gastronomic offerings
- Restaurant desserts
- Food hygiene and safety
- Culinary techniques
- Business and entrepreneurship
- Labour training and counselling
MOM Complementary Training
- Communication and social media
- Marketing and Customer Relationship Management systems
- Body language and emotional regulation
- Food photography
- Financial management and cost control
- Vegetable garden care & maintenance
Internship (Michelin Star restaurants)
- How to prepare and present Spanish and international dishes that are both traditional and avant-garde.
- How to recognize products; quality, origins and best way to use them when cooking.
- How to prepare and present pastries and desserts.
- Financial management and cost control.
- How to organize, plan, and operate gastronomic offerings.
- Efficient management of the bar and drinks service.
- How to make the most of digital communication, and marketing tools applied to your profession.
- How to create a urban vegetable garden and work sustainably.
- How to be creative, innovative and acquire a multidisciplinary perspective.
- How to work as a team member, overcome obstacles and resolve problems and conflicts.
- English applied to the restaurant industry.
You'll work as
- Line chef
- Food and beverage manager
- Product manager
- Culinary advisor for restaurant and catering services
You'll need one of this two options
- Possession of one of the following
- GCSE certificate or equivalent.
- Vocational training diploma, level 2, or equivalent for academic purposes.
- You have passed secondary school education.
- You have passed the entrance exam for level 2 vocational training.
- You have passed the university entrance exam for people over the age of 25.
Within the application, all foreign students will have to provide the following:
- Official recognition of academic qualifications
- Personal identification document
- Census registration certificate
- Student card (for a 6moths or longer stay)
- Student visa (compulsory for Non-Schengen countries’ nationals)
The student has to apply, personally, for the student visa by means of the application form available here.
Please note the visa is a student visa (type D). Any other type of visa does not entitle you to the subsequent processing of your Foreigner Identity Card (TIE).
MOM Culinary Institute’s HUB 360° is an open space for students and faculty to cooperate in order to develop projects following a multidisciplinary approach. This laboratory invites students to put their communication, marketing and research skills into practice in an open and collaborative environment.
The school provides students with the necessary technical resources to carry out audiovisual and social media projects and create 360° marketing strategies to effectively communicate their culinary skills. The laboratory is also home to the development of entrepreneurship, innovation, sustainability and training projects in environments that simulate a professional context.
Advanced technical diploma in kitchen management
This official training will last 2 academic courses.
ADVANCED OFFICIAL VOCATIONAL TRAINING PROGRAMMES
Double certificate of Higher education in Culinary arts & restaurant management
This official training will last 3 academic courses.
Available in 2022/2023.
Our professional team
Expert in HR, cultural transformation and national and international business development.
Learn from MOM
For more information about MOM Culinary Institute contact us.